Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mother's Day

Just the other day I was walking through the parking lot of a local grocery store and it hit me so profoundly that all I had ever wanted when I was younger was to be a Mom. Then the gratitude flooded in - not only did I give birth to two beautiful, healthy kids but I was doubly blessed by adopting my youngest, beautiful healthy baby girl. I was lucky enough to have these children in my life and was able to stay home with them and be a big part of their lives. It WAS what I had dreamed of and so much more. It is a simple realization of gratitude to be the Mother of these 3 fine people (adults now) that just really took me aback. I am 50 today and when you hit that mark you start to wonder if you're where you 'should' be in life. Did I acccomplish what I wanted? Am I in shape? Have I been enough? What else do I want to accomplish in my life?



All I have to do is think back 30 years ago when all I ever wanted was to be a Mom and I am overwhelmingly grateful that I did fulfill my life's dreams - and their names are Stephanie, Michael and Christina and I will love them til the day I die.

No comments: