Saturday, August 16, 2008

Carried over from MM

So one of things I have realized lately in my quest to recover from depression/anxiety was that the list that I had made after my divorce had been pretty much fulfilled and I hadn't bothered with another. It is good to have things to look forward to and goals to attain. I know it will give me a little extra something to work toward. The last list had things on it like - Riding on a Harley, Skydiving, Parasailing, Kayaking, Finding a lifelong partner, Getting a certain job, etc. I did all those things within a year. I haven't had anything dreams and goals specific to me in a long while and I found myself missing 'me'. The adventurous, tenacious, life loving woman was becoming a mere shadow of her husband (again). Not good, not good at all. No wonder I got depressed! So, here and now, I am going to start a new list. My good friends here will help encourage me - I know they will as well as friends around me and my fabulous daughter, Stephanie. So here goes.


1. A trip to Mazatlan


2. Learn a foreign language


3. Learn Tai Chi


4. Take a dance class


5. Get some vocational counseling and then work toward a job.


6. Trip to Canada


7. Study Eastern Religions


8. Take a cooking class


9. Join a community theater


This list could and probably will take up to 10 years to finish but at least now I have something to plan and think about. I'm taking a Tai Chi class this summer and probably the cooking class too. I like the number 9 because it's said to be spiritual.



No comments: