Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fun Times with Leah


Well, we went to Great America yesterday. It's nice to have season passes because then I don't feel bad when we only stay 2-3 hours and 2-3 hours is just right with a 4 yr old. I squeezed my big booty in the little pint sized roller coasters, splashed down the log ride, road on the Flintstone's carousal, fielded a million questions, doled out snacks, bought ice cream and cotton candy and then road in the sky tram back to the front. The little kids area is in the back of the park. I don't know why I didn't think of the sky tram when we got there. Oh well. Leah and I both were worn out as we dragged our butts back to the car. After the park we were on our way to the library to pick up some vids and books. I told Leah not to fall asleep yet- she did great until the last 2 minutes! Yep, had to wake her when we got there. But she was a trooper and we quickly found 3 dvd's and 5 books and then jammed home. I had absolutely no energy to cook so my wonderful husband stopped on the way home and got us Taco Bell - he's the best. After dinner and bath we started on our craft. Finally I couldn't answer another question or glue another jewel we went to the bed and I read her two books. I said I was going to watch TV and she looked at me with big sad eyes - 'I'm not tired' she says. She doesn't want me to go or she wants to go with me. I offered to rub her back. It took two minutes and then she was out - for 12 hours! No, she wasn't tired at all!

This is the only still pic I took - the rest were short little vids for Stephanie. They're on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...what a blast it sounds like you two are having! And for the record, i would have been snoozing in the car long before Leah was! LOL~ What a day! I love the vid you posted for Mommy, too...absolutely darling! Oh..and the picture is just precious!

Christina said...

Wow Linda, what a fun filled day! You are such a great gma. :)

Homeslice said...

you really do rock as a grammy :-) leah is a super-cutie!

Sara said...

She is so darn cute! You can come be grandma to mine any day, sounds like you two had a blast.

Jennifer said...

Great America! What's the name of the old wooden roller coaster at the back of the park? The Grizzly? My friends in high school liked to ride that one braless. Good times. I wish my grandma had taken me to Great America! You rock.

Dawn said...

These are memories she will hold forever. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way! :)

Lisa said...

I kinda zoned out at taco bell.... mmmmmm.
Okay. I'm back. Glad you guys had fun. I love amusement parks. The food, the rides, the atmosphere! Oh, they're so much fun. She is just TOO cute as well.